Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Solved pkg_kunena_v5.2.4_2021-04-04.zip fails to install

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #1 by fridi
J3.9.26 on Apache running PHP7.4.14 with Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci trying to install pkg_kunena_v5.2.4_2021-04-04.zip. This is the message after install:
This message contains confidential information

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by fridi. Reason: Spoiler and confidential tags added

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #2 by rich
There is a big problem. I see on this report you have still fb (fireboard) tables and so it's not an upgrade but a migration.
A migration from fireboard directly to Kunena 5.2 is not possible.
You have overlooked the time when it was possible. Does your old website still exist? Otherwise, you need a local installation  with php 5 and an older Joomla version.
Import the fb tables to this database and adjust the prefix
Install as intermedia step Kunena 4.0.12 (Kunena recognizes the old tables and migrated this tables to the new structure)
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/releases/tag/4.0.12
Upgrade Kunena
Import the new created kunena tables to the current webpage and install Kunena
More topics about similar questions
The following user(s) said Thank You: fridi

More
2 years 11 months ago #3 by fridi
Thanks. I do not know what fireboard is and it was never installed on that site afaik. And I cannot see any table called fireboard or fb in the db. I do not have any data that need to be migrated.

More
2 years 11 months ago #4 by rich
Sorry, it was my mistake. I've asked the developer, and it's normal if the installation check if fb tables exists. Fireboard was the forum software before Kunena.
Please go to administrator/logs and post the content of the com_kunena.log.php. But use the confidential tags for it (padlock symbol in the editor). Please, tell us your MySQL version too.

More
2 years 11 months ago #5 by fridi
MySQL 5.5.5-10.1.48-MariaDB-0+deb9u2

This message contains confidential information

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #6 by xillibit
Hello,

There are the same error each time returned by mariadb :
Code:
Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes.

it's a known issue with MySQL before the 5.7 version and with MariaDB before the 10.2 version the limit is set to 767 bytes and you can't do nothing except update the version of Mariadb/Mysql which in newer version the limit has been increased to 3072 bytes,using UTF8mb4 needs more space too. So is-it possible to update the mariadb version on your hosting ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by xillibit.

More
2 years 11 months ago #7 by fridi
I updated the server to MariaDB 10.3 and now the install works. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.796 seconds