Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Question Uncaught TypeError: jQuery(...).modal is not a function at beforeInsert

More
5 years 2 months ago #1 by Boby71
After updating to 5.1.8 today, my editor doesn't work fully - some buttons (e.g. inserting links, pictures) causing the following error:

Uncaught TypeError: jQuery(...).modal is not a function
at beforeInsert (markitup.editor.js:60)
at prepare (markitup.js:288)
at markup (markitup.js:360)
at markitup.js:230

The line numbers with the error are depending on the function I've tried to execute.

Kunena Version: 5.1.8
Blue Eagle 5 template: 1.5.2

Any ideas what I could do?

Thanks, Boby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #2 by 810
update to Kunena 5.1.9, then check if it has been fixed, else go to kunena - plugins - rebuild

More
5 years 2 months ago #3 by Boby71
Thank you, but where can I get it from? The download link still only offers 5.1.18:
www.kunena.org/download

More
5 years 2 months ago #4 by 810
a thnx will update it. You can also check the backend, you should see a update.

More
5 years 1 month ago #5 by Boby71
Installed 5.1.9 and rebuilt all plugins - no change; when I try to insert an URL I get:
Code:
Uncaught TypeError: jQuery(...).modal is not a function at beforeInsert (markitup.editor.js:60) at prepare (markitup.js:288) at markup (markitup.js:360) at markitup.js:230 beforeInsert @ markitup.editor.js:60 prepare @ markitup.js:288 markup @ markitup.js:360 (anonymous) @ markitup.js:230 setTimeout (async) (anonymous) @ markitup.js:229 dispatch @ jquery.min.js?55f439cecf2ac189140bab6a72b8b517:2 v.handle @ jquery.min.js?55f439cecf2ac189140bab6a72b8b517:2

What else can I check?

Thanks,
Boby

More
4 years 9 months ago #6 by leneborma
The $(…). modal is not a function is usually caused because scripts are loaded in the wrong order . The browser will execute the scripts in the order it finds them. If in a script you attempt to access an element that hasn't been reached yet then you will get an error. Make sure that you don't have a script above one that it requires.

Plugin dependencies

Some plugins and CSS components depend on other plugins. If you include plugins individually, make sure to check for these dependencies in the docs. Also note that all plugins depend on jQuery (this means jQuery must be included before the plugin files).

Multiple jQuery instances

Sometimes this warning may also be shown if jQuery is declared more than once in your code. The second jQuery declaration prevents bootstrap.js from working correctly. The problem is due to having jQuery instances more than one time. Take care if you are using many files with multiples instance of jQuery. Just leave one instance of jQuery and your code will work.

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds