Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Solved Login dropdown menu disappears on click

More
6 years 4 months ago #1 by Matthieu OOT
Hello,

I recently installed the Kunena forum on my website.
I'm happy with the extension but still facing one issue which hopefully will not be long to solve:

The link to my website's forum is: outoftrack.com/forum.html
If you click on the login button to the right of the screen, the dropdown menu opens.
If you then click anywhere on the menu, say on the "username" box, the menu immediately disappears before you even have time to enter the login credentials.
As such it is impossible to login...

Anybody could help please?

Thank you!
Matthieu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #2 by rich
It is triggered by your Joomla template or another extension. Maybe you find in the setting a option where you can disable it. I've visited your page and found a workaround. But that's no good solution. Try following code in your custom.less , but better would be, if you find a solution with settings. Maybe the author of this extension/template can better help you.

Code:
div#userdropdown:hover { display: block; }

More
6 years 4 months ago #3 by Matthieu OOT
Awesome Rich! Thousands thanks!
It works!

I used the custom.less method as I couldn't find the settings and I doubt my template provider would help on such topics which is related to a third party extension.

There is one smaller issue left though:
When I start typing my username, there is a list with suggestions (based on previous visits) that appears. If I move the mouse to hover over that list to select any name in the suggestion list, the dropdown menu closes immediately altogether.
I believe I should add similar code lines to the custom.less file, but I don't know the div name it would be.

Any clue?
If you know, that's great, otherwise I'll do without. It is a little bit annoying but still is a smaller issue than the original one.

Cheers,
Matthieu

More
6 years 4 months ago #4 by rich

When I start typing my username, there is a list with suggestions (based on previous visits) that appears. If I move the mouse to hover over that list to select any name in the suggestion list, the dropdown menu closes immediately altogether.

As I've written, it's only a workaround. You can disable the autocomplete for this login. Maybe then it's better.
Go to "components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/layouts/widget/login/login" annd open the default.php
Add in line 22 autocomplete="off"

previously
Code:
<form action="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_kunena'); ?>" method="post" class="form-inline">
afterwards
Code:
<form action="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_kunena'); ?>" method="post" class="form-inline" autocomplete="off">
But it would be better, if you create a template override docs.kunena.org/en/faq/template-overrides Then remain the changes after Kunena upgrade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthieu OOT

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #5 by Matthieu OOT
It works!
Thank you Rich!
And I learnt something new about the override.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Matthieu OOT.

Time to create page: 1.009 seconds