Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Solved Instalation of kunena failed

More
6 years 5 months ago #1 by etrecords
During the installation of Kunena on a new setup website I got the information that the installation failed.
The last message in the detail window of the installation is teh installation of the finder module and this is marked as succesfull.
I got the following error message "Table 'DB3137039.#__kunena_configuration' doesn't exist" and also the message
Notice: Undefined variable: config in /mnt/web113/e1/11/51983211/htdocs/joomla_02/libraries/kunena/config.php on line 1297

The Joomla version is 3.8.1.
The website is hosted by Strato in Germany and running:
SunOS localhost 5.10 Generic_150401-49 i86pc
the PHP version in use is: 5.6.31
The database version is : 5.6.37-log

Joomla is installed using the installation app of Strato.

Even when I create the table manual the installation is failing. But in that situation I don't get any error messages.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Instalation of kunena failed

The website is hosted by Strato in Germany and running:

A similar problem had another German user with Strato. Maybe this solution helps.
www.kunena.org/forum/36-German/139062-ku...%C3%A4gt-fehl#181636

More
6 years 5 months ago #3 by etrecords
I followed the suggestion done in this topic but it did not solve my problem.
After that I removed my site total and build it up again manual.
This means:
Unpacking the joomla 3.8.1 zip file locally on my PC and copy this files to my website using FTP.
Then configure the website (specify the database host, database name and database user and of course the super user)
After this I start the installation of Kunena and it was successful.

The point I don't understood is that I copied all the files of the installation package to a temp map in the server and did a compare between these files and the files in the actual website. (I have ssh access to my website).
Then I did not find any difference. The new installation I did from the same copy on the server. so all the files are equal.

More
6 years 5 months ago #4 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Instalation of kunena failed
Yes, that's these mysterious errors that occur repeatedly, but you can't find the cause.

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds