Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Question Profile Info error

More
6 years 6 months ago #1 by michaelg
Profile Info error was created by michaelg
Hello,

I can´t update my profile data in Kunena Forum. Every time I got the info

"Unknown column 'aim' in 'field list'"

How I can fix it? Best will be to remove from tab of INFO all additional fields:

Twitter
Facebook
MySpace
Delicious
FriendFeed
Digg
YIM
AIM
Google
Blogger
Flickr
Bebo
Instagram
QQ
Qzone
Weibo
Wechat
Apple
VK
Telegram

Any Idea?

Best regards
Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Profile Info error
Have you installed Kunena 5.1 previously and then downgraded to Kunena 5.0? The end of life from AIM is dec 2017, therefore it's not included anymore in K 5.1, when it's a new installation.
When your forum has still no topics, then go in backend to Kunena -> Tools and remove Kunena comletely. But this removes Kunena complettely including the database. All topics are lost after this action. Then install Kunena 5.0 new.

Otherwise you must add this column with phpMyAdmin. But manipulations in the database can destroy your complete page. I give no guarantie for this action!

Code:
ALTER TABLE *__kunena_users ADD aim VARCHAR(50) AFTER location;
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by rich.

More
6 years 5 months ago #3 by Matthieu OOT
Replied by Matthieu OOT on topic Profile Info error
If you want to remove the LinkedIn/Facebook/Myspace/... info from user profile, you can do the following:
Go to: /public_html/components/com_kunena/controller/user/edit/profile
Open: display.php
Comment following lines:
$this->social = array('twitter', 'facebook', 'myspace', 'skype', 'linkedin', 'delicious',
'friendfeed', 'digg', 'yim', 'aim', 'google', 'icq', 'microsoft', 'blogspot', 'flickr',
'bebo', 'instagram', 'qq', 'qzone', 'weibo', 'wechat', 'apple', 'vk', 'telegram');
Upload updated file to the server.

Hope it helps!

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds