Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Question Scrollbars randomly dont appear in posts

More
6 years 10 months ago #1 by Pebbbles
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jsn_epic_pro | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 6.1.1 | creationdate: 10/29/2015

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.0.7 | creationdate: 2017-03-31

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.0.7 | 2017-03-31 [ Gayal ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.0.2 | Kunena Login 5.0.2

Scroll bars are randomly not appearing in the forum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #2 by rich
You mean the browser scrollbar on the right? Press STRG + F5, maybe the page is not complett loaded.

More
6 years 9 months ago #3 by PieceOfCake
I must say I have the same problem since 5.0 migration (actually up to date 5.0.10, Joomla! 3.7.3, PHP 7.0)

The problem occurs really often but only with Google Chrome, never with Firefox, and Ctrlg + F5 solves the problem but the page seems to be fully loaded (no sign of activity for the browser, no javascript error)

More
6 years 9 months ago #4 by Pebbbles
exactly the same here - Chrome is the one where the issue arises and I am using the most up to date version of all software - I have found no permanent solution to date

More
6 years 9 months ago #5 by PieceOfCake
I was afraid to be the only one with this problem ;)
I tried to look at the chrome console (F12) and inspect the CSS code but it seems OK! The only thing that can be thougth about this is there is a jQuery incompatibility between Chrome and Firefox (and Edge and the others too)

PS : tried to report to Google Chrome dev teams but no answers

More
6 years 9 months ago #6 by rich
@Peppples
I've found this code in your template_pro.css. Try it with a shorter time or disable this code complete for tests.

Code:
#jsn-page { transition: width 0.3s ease-in-out; -moz-transition: width 0.3s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: width 0.3s ease-in-out; }

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #7 by Pebbbles
Hey

Tried this as a shorter time, longer time and disabling entirely. To no avail :(

Happens in Opera also

Hitting F11 can 'sometimes' rectify it however not always - its really not fun

Here is an example today of where it is occuring www.cellardweller.net/index.php/forum/al...ile-august-2017#2576
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Pebbbles.

More
6 years 8 months ago #8 by rich
I found which css file causes the conflict, but can't test it with my Browser tool, because the page needs a refresh after the change. Therefore it's not possible for me, to locate the exact code. It's a conflict between your Joomla template.css and the Kunena fancybox.white.css.
Here the path to this file: "/components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/assets/css/fancybox.white.css". Disable the codes from line 190 - 199 and test it. But maybe it is a code wich includes position-infomatons.

More
6 years 8 months ago #9 by PieceOfCake
Tried it with same file on blue_eagle5, It seems to work.
will experiment it some days and give more information.

Regards

More
6 years 8 months ago #10 by PieceOfCake
It seems a bit better that it was before I comment these lines.

A bit better but not perfect ... :(

I still have the problem with posts where there is at least a picture included somewhere among the text. However, Posts without any pictures, never hide scrollbars anymore

Time to create page: 0.569 seconds