Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Question Kunena email notifications

More
7 years 3 months ago #1 by Vlad the Impostor
I'm getting the following message when replying to messages in a forum
Code:
SMTP connect() failed. > https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting

This appears to be a fault with the host, but they've asked me where the script is in Kunena that does the mailing, could someone tell me, please?

Also, is it, as it appears, using PHPMailer? I can't find any mail configuration in Kunena so I'd assumed it would use the Joomla settings, but I'm set up to use the SMTP mailer, so I'm a bit confused. Other mail from the site works, just not the Kunena notifications.

Lastly, I'm not sure this is the right place for this, but I have no rights whatsoever in the general forum :(

Vlad.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 256M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : shaper_helix3 | author: JoomShaper.com | version: 1.7 | creationdate: Jan 2016

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.12 | creationdate: 2016-10-01

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.12 | 2016-10-01 [ Lima ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Kunena email notifications
To get kunena email working:

set the email address on the kunena configuration: at Forum E-mail Address option.

Then all emails, are send by the joomla mailer.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #3 by Vlad the Impostor

810 wrote: To get kunena email working:
set the email address on the kunena configuration: at Forum E-mail Address option.
Then all emails, are send by the joomla mailer.

Thanks 810, but I'm afraid that doesn't fix it (if you mean "Forum E-mail address".on the "General" tab of the Kunena configuration).

I'm fairly sure it's my hosts' new platform that is causing the trouble, it wasn't a problem on their old platform, so I just need to know where the script is so I can tell them what to look at.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Vlad the Impostor.

More
7 years 3 months ago #4 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Kunena email notifications
we use 3 files:
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/search?ut...%9C%93&q=KunenaEmail

we use: JFactory::getMailer(); so the joomla mailer

More
5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #5 by borox
Replied by borox on topic Kunena email notifications
Hi,

I have the same problem described above.
I'm using a smtp server.
I put in the field 'Forum E-mail Address' a valid address, but the notification emails are still sent using php mailer (I can see that in the header of the email).

Is there something else I can do to use the smtp server with Kunena?

Thanks.

BR

Nicolas
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by borox.

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds