Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Question After updating to kunena 5 the Category List view only shows a drop down list

More
7 years 4 months ago #1 by Perz
After updating my installation to kunena 5 the Category List view only shows a drop down list. In kunena 4 (with the Blue Eagle template) I could display a much more comprehensive and intuitive list which was a useful index. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by 810

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #3 by Perz
Yes:

forum.ipsepro.com

It is password protected. As username/password use
This message contains confidential information

Thanks!
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by rich. Reason: I've made the password hidden

More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by 810
looks like your index menu item is set wrong. Please check the menu item.

options:
menu item type = category list
category id = top level

More
7 years 4 months ago #5 by Perz
Thanks for pointing me to the menu item options. It has helped to improve the situation:

The options were actually set as suggested (menu item type = category list and category id = top level). After changing the category id to "User Forum" which is a direct child of "top level" a proper category list is displayed.

However, if "Board Categories" is selected, the displayed content returns to "User Forum" and the category list is missing. To get back the proper category list it seems I have to completely reload the page. Any suggestions what else I should try?

More
7 years 4 months ago #6 by Aabshir

More
7 years 4 months ago #7 by 810
then check the option on the category itself. Display settings: Up to sub-categoriey level

both options

More
7 years 3 months ago #8 by Perz
Thank, I have done that. But I still don't get a usable Category List view. No idea how I should proceed.

More
7 years 3 months ago #9 by 810
maybe you have changed the settings on categories. check display settings tab.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds