Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question Could you help me with this code to moderate specific users?

More
3 years 6 months ago #1 by feliwebwork
Dear programmers or anyone with an idea of what to do...

This is an issue I have been trying to resolve over the years, but as I have little understanding of php code and because the need for it comes and goes, I have not been able to resolve it on my own.

It has to do with working out how to get Kunena to moderate a specific user or group of users. I figured it would be as simple as putting code to first, check if the user belongs to X group, and if so, moderate their posts, similar to how Kunena checks if someone has access to see the post. However, as I said, I can't work it out.

Someone told me that the code for checking if a new user should be moderated is found in the topic.php under controllers and the code is as follows:
Code:
// If configured: Hold posts from users if ( $this->me->userid && !$this->me->isModerator($category) && $this->me->posts < $this->config->hold_newusers_posts ) { $message->hold = 1; }

Does anyone know how I can modify that so that instead of checking if they are a new user, it checks if the user belongs to a particular group?

Let's say the particular Joomla user group name is: "ModeratedUsers".

How could I modify the code so that it performs the following.

1. Check if user belongs to "ModeratedUsers" Joomla user group.
2. Put their message on hold.

Thank you for any help you can give on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds