Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question Kunena 5.1 : customize the notification email ?

More
3 years 11 months ago #1 by fabio42170
Hello !
I browsed the forum and found one of the developers (xillibit) wrote that 5 years ago :

In next version Kunena 3.1, the mail content will be part of the template you will be able to modify it more easily than actually

5 years after this message, Kunena's version is now 5.1.
Is there any way for me to customize the email that the users receive to personalize the picture in it which is really impersonal ?

Could anyone point me to the file I have to modify (or the css modification I have to make) or the option I might have missed in the configuration panel ?
Thanks a lot !
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #2 by 9themestore
Hi fabio42170,
Yes. With Kunena 5.1 you can edit the email template in the kunena template. Open the "layouts\email\subscription\default.php" file and customize the notification email.

Best regards,

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
3 years 11 months ago #3 by fabio42170
Hi !
Thanks for the answer. Yet, the image is nowhere to be found ... I just saw this reference but this is kind of obscure to me. It seems to point to it but where is the location of the image file" ?
Code:
src="<?php echo Uri::base() . KunenaConfig::getInstance()->emailheader; ?>"
Thanks in advance !
Fabio

More
3 years 11 months ago #4 by 9themestore
Yes, you can configure the path of image. From your back-end click to the "Components -> Kunena Forum -> Configuration" menu. Click to the "Users" tab and scroll down to the Subscriptions section. You will see the Email Header Image field and you can change the path or image name.

By default is "/media/kunena/email/hero-wide.png" image.

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #5 by fabio42170
Thanks a lot !! I knew I had missed something in the configuration somewhere !
One more question concerning the text : I modified the language string which corresponds to the sentence :
"A new reply has been posted on the Kunena". This is supposed to be the COM_KUNENA_POST_EMAIL_NOTIFICATION1 string. Yet, even after tweaking it, the message remains the same.
1/ What I want is to suppress the "the" which makes no sense at all. How could I do this ?
2/ I would like to modify the "Kunena" and replace it by the name of my forum. However, it is not contained in the language string. Where is it then ? In the default.php ? This must be some kind of variable picked by Kunena somewhere. Or is it something that can be set in the options too ? I couldn't find this in the "user" tab...

Thanks for your help !
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by fabio42170.

More
3 years 11 months ago #6 by rich

1/ What I want is to suppress the "the" which makes no sense at all. How could I do this ?

The easiest way is a language override. docs.kunena.org/en/languages/language-overrides
You must override these 2 strings (in the backend language):
COM_KUNENA_POST_EMAIL_NOTIFICATION1
COM_KUNENA_POST_EMAIL_NOTIFICATION1_CAT

2/ I would like to modify the "Kunena" and replace it by the name of my forum.

Backend -> Kunena -> Configuration -> tab General. Change the first option "Forum Title"

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #7 by fabio42170
Thanks for your help. I'm progressing !
I succesfully changed the name of the forum (so obvious !) !
Yet, after making the 2 overrides, I keep getting the "the" in the email ... is there another string to modify somewhere ?? That's weird, it seems Kunena is not taking the override into account ...
Fabio
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by fabio42170.

More
3 years 11 months ago #8 by rich
Edit your override and mark the checkbox, then it should work. Alternative you can make the overrides two times. Once for the backend- and once for the frontend language.

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds