Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

× Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question WYSIWYG Editor implementation in own template

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #1 by Smoker_Creep
Hello,

just in case there is a fast answer ... I built a template based on a Crypsis template in version 5.0.6.1 with a lot of own changes ... now our users would like to have the WYSIWYG editor that is available since version 5.1.x
I updated Kunena to latest version and our template is running well but it seems not that easy to get the editor working ...
I tried to use CSS, JS of current Crypsis version and copied the widgets editor and datepicker to my template layout folder too. Than I tried to load the editor by replacing "old" bbcode editor
echo $this->subLayout('Topic/Edit/Editor')->setProperties($this->getProperties());
to:
echo $this->subLayout('Widget/Editor')->setLayout('wysibb')->set('message', $this->message)->set('config', $this->config);
for the default.php in topic/edit
So no error but also no editor ...
May there is a fast answer what else is needed, would be great to let me know ... would save me a lot of time than to rebuild the template

Thanks for response in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds