Kunena 5.1 RC 3 Released (16 Feb 2018)

The Kunena team is proud to announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.0 RC3 [K 5.1.0] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.8.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1. This is a RC release.

× Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question Twitter cards and Facebook open graph image

More
6 months 5 days ago - 6 months 3 days ago #1 by Cyrusxxxx
Cyrusxxxx created the topic: Twitter cards and Facebook open graph image
Hello can anyone point me to some plugin or hack to add facebook open graph and twitter card info in Kunena.
I specifically need to be able to add custom image and description to topics and categories as well index page of Kunena.
And this hack/plugin to work on only kunena forum. Not the rest of the site.

Thank you!
Last Edit: 6 months 3 days ago by Cyrusxxxx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 5 days ago #2 by ruud
ruud replied the topic: Twitter cards and Facebook open graph image
Hi, I am the developer (and user :)) of this plugin that does exactly (and probably more) what you need: onlinecommunityhub.nl/joomla-extensions/ochopengraph

You can automatically add correct opengraph and twitter cards to joomla articles / k2 items and easyblog posts. Where the images are taken from a Joomla Custom field, intro image, full image first text image. If these are not available it takes a configured fall-back image. (it even checks if the image resolution is high enough to meet the minimum requirements for facebook)

You can manually (via e.g. a custom module) add these tags to any page (I use it myself on my support form) via adding the tag: {ochopengraph image="https://your custom image url"}

Here is a blog I wrote regarding opengraph and twittercards that perhaps can help you pick a good plugin: onlinecommunityhub.nl/community-tools/81...ain-your-seo-ranking

Hope this helps.
regards,
Ruud.

sharing = caring

More
6 months 3 days ago - 6 months 3 days ago #3 by Cyrusxxxx
Cyrusxxxx replied the topic: Twitter cards and Facebook open graph image
Hello ruud, and thank you for replaying to me, I have implemented open graph and twitter cards for rest of the site, but I need one only for kunena pages. Can your plugin be set with info only on kunena pages and not affect global opengraph and tw cards?

More
6 months 3 days ago - 6 months 3 days ago #4 by Cyrusxxxx
Also when I went to see your plugin in action for your forum index via twitter validator here is the result in attachment.
Facebook open graph is shown with two errors
Inferred Property
The 'og:image' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
Missing Properties
The following required properties are missing: og:url, og:type, og:title, og:image, og:description, fb:app_id

but it is shown :laugh:

Can you add this ability for twitter cards to related to kunena forum?
If you can I am your customer :)

Attachments:

More
6 months 3 days ago #5 by ruud
Yes it can. What you need to do then is to switch of the auto placement for joomla / K2 / Easyblog.
Create a custom HTML module (with option: prepare content = yes) with the {ochopengraph image="https://your custom image url"} 'code' in it. And assign this module to your Kunena page(s).
That's also how I do it on onlinecommunityhub.nl/forum/

sharing = caring

More
6 months 3 days ago - 6 months 3 days ago #6 by ruud
hold on... I think something has changed. Looks like the Kunena (incomplete) opengraph tags overwrite the tags that are placed by another plugin.
Need to investigate. Will follow up here :sick:

In the mean time: github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/5520

sharing = caring
Last Edit: 6 months 3 days ago by ruud.

More
6 months 3 days ago #7 by ruud
Okay, fixed :) (working work around as I think the problem is in Kunena caching...

sharing = caring
Attachments:

More
6 months 3 days ago #8 by ruud
Hi Cyrusxxxx,
The work around is to set caching of in the custom module. That way you 'force' joomla to 'execute' the content plugins on the module.
What I am now trying to make a native kunena integration. But that requires a change in the kunena code.
I have done a proposal for that: github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/5521
What this will do is open the possibility for all content plugins to work with Kunena :)

For the time being: the work around works great :)

sharing = caring

More
6 months 3 days ago #9 by Cyrusxxxx
I understand now ruud, soon I will finish developing my site and all social media stuff will leave for the final step. Then I will use your plugin with work around and if kunena accept your proposal will be even better. either win-win situation.
Also I think Joomla 3.7.5 has some issues with cache they manifested on my site with JomSocial component . I am working now on it right now so it will help. I will contact you when I am done on your site.

Thank you again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruud

More
6 months 2 days ago #10 by ruud

sharing = caring

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds