Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Solved Move posts from one user to another

More
6 years 10 months ago #1 by Smoker_Creep
Hello,

just interested if exists a possibility to move posts to another user? We have an 8 years old forum and often people register with new accounts because forget old logins later they want to keep there old posts to there new accounts.

I suppose it is a strange not common needed function but perhaps it exist already?

best regards!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #2 by rich
I'm sorry but that's not possible, unless you manipulate the database. But this includes a high risk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pritijain

More
6 years 10 months ago #3 by Smoker_Creep
Thanks that what I thought ...
I did it already for an older Kunena version 1.7
Now the database structure is much more complex and I would be safe with it ... maybe you have time for a quick response without giving guarantee ;-)
I would just check and change:
- userid and email in #__kunena_messages
- count user posts in #__kunena_users
- check and handle if needed first_post_userid, first_post_guest_name, last_post_userid, last_post_guest_name in #__kunena_topics
- maybe changing user_id #__kunena_user_topics is also required? did I forgot something?

Thanks a lot for advice and hints ... if needed as payed extra service let me know.
Best regards!

More
6 years 10 months ago #4 by rich

if needed as payed extra service let me know

I'm sorry, but I couldn't give you a guarantee. But I think, it should be enough, if you to change the 2 colums "name" and "userid" in the table #__kunena_messages. Only if a message has been edited, then also the column "modified_by". Example:
UPDATE `#__kunena_messages` SET name='Smoker', userid='218' WHERE userid='212';

Afterwards you must go in the backend to Kunena -> Tools. Synchronize your users and Recount Statistics.

More
6 years 10 months ago #5 by Smoker_Creep
Thanks for assisting ...
the sync button could be an easy solution
... means that the "synchronize users" will check and change #__kunena_topics and subscriptions in #__kunena_user_topics, #__kunena_user_categories too?
best regards

More
6 years 10 months ago #6 by rich

means that the "synchronize users" will check and change #__kunena_topics and subscriptions in #__kunena_user_topics, #__kunena_user_categories too?

No, this option will only changes the author names in posts. But subscriptions should be the slightest problem. You can remove in backend (Kunena -> Users) user subscriptions, or user can subscribe topics again.

More
6 years 9 months ago #7 by Smoker_Creep
Thanks for reply! ... okay I need to automate it and I set the subscriptions from effected user in the subscription tables only to "0" so it seems to work so far.

Thanks also for your great job you do with Kunena!

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds