Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question How to remove "this" from posts

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #1 by dankis
Hello,
How can I remove this(attached) border and message "xxx replied the topic". It makes me feel I am quoting myself.
Thank you!
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by dankis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by Rajada
Completely agree. A redundant waste of space that makes the template seem cluttered in many cases. Would like a template setting for this myself.

More
7 years 6 months ago #3 by Rajada
Good news. I figured it out. It is very easy to make a few adjustments in your custom.css file.

To do so, get into your site's administration panel, then the Kunena administration panel. Next, find the "Templates" menu. Select the radio button next to the template you are using (likely Crypsis) and hit the "Edit CSS" button. Select the radio button for "custom.css" then the "Edit CSS" button. Now, we paste some css into the white box. The code will pretty much wipe it out, though you can elect to keep the box around posts for readability, and even add your own background-color if desired. You can also adjust padding as desired.

Code:
#kunena.layout [class*="badger-left"] { border: none; border-radius: none; box-shadow:none; margin: 0; min-height: 180px; padding: 0 19px 0 14px; position: relative; } #kunena.layout [class*="badger"]::after { display: none; }

Here's an example of what I'm using on my site. I preserved the nice rounded box and added a background color while still getting rid of the redundant text. This is most readable for my setup.
Code:
#kunena.layout [class*="badger-left"] { border: 1px solid #d0d0d0; border-radius: 8px; box-shadow: 0 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1); margin: 15px 0; background-color: #e5e5e5; min-height: 180px; padding: 0 19px 0 14px; position: relative; } #kunena.layout [class*="badger"]::after { display: none; } div.ksig{ border-top: 1px solid #d0d0d0; }

An important difference is the 15px top margin. Without it, the rounded box will overlap some other text areas above it. Also notice that I adjusted the color of the signature divider because it was a little hard to see against the new background color.

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds