Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

× Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question Need to Attach Equal Heights JavaScript to User Tabs

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #1 by webdevtim
I need to have ddEqualizeHeights(); called when Posts, Thank You, Unapproved, Edit Ban tabs are clicked in the user profile menu. I am using
<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function() {
  jQuery("a.kwho-user").on( 'click', function() {
    ddEqualizeHeights();
  });
  jQuery('[title="Edit Ban"]').on("click", function() {
    ddEqualizeHeights();
  });
});
The .on function works for a.kwho-user because a new page loads. For [title="Edit Ban"] it doesn't work because the form is returned via an AJAX call. I have to click the "Edit Ban" tab a second time for the ddEqualizeHeights() function to be called because the function that loads the form doesn't call ddEqualizeHeights() before it exits, nor does it load a new page. Where is this function that loads the form when the "Edit Ban" tab is clicked, so I can add a call to ddEqualizeHeights() before it exists.

I know this is basic JavaScript, but I am having trouble with it.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by webdevtim. Reason: Needed to add additional Info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #2 by webdevtim
If someone could reply to this, I won't hold anyone liable because it is after all I who is pruning the JavaScript, and I know I take my chances. But since I prune and since I always make a back up copy of the file before I prune, I can always unprune.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds