Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question How to protect customization from overwrites on updatge

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #1 by webdevtim
I have heavily edited the Blue Eagle template and would like to make a copy and rename it so that it doesn't get over written on update.

What is the best way to do this in the Kunena world. Usually I put things in website root ->templates->my-template->html->com-kunena-> and then there is css, html, images, js and media and I have made changes to files in all of these folders.

So would it be better to copy this and make it a new template with a new name. If so how do I then link that into Kunena?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 660 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 360M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ae911truth | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.11 | creationdate: 2016-06-05

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.11 | 2016-06-05 [ Barcelona ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by webdevtim. Reason: Added Configuration Report

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #2 by webdevtim
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

More
7 years 9 months ago #3 by 810
Best way is to use own template.

Just rename the template, and change the template name on line 12 on template.php

But I suggest to create a new template based on crypsis, else you template will not work on K5.X

More
7 years 9 months ago #4 by webdevtim
There was considerably more than just line 12 in template.php to replace, but I made all the substitutions and everything looks great. The /media/kunena/avatars/resized folder needs to be updated by copying each of the folders in each of the size designations folders and giving those the name of the new template as well so that edited icons don't get over-written either. This is normally done automatically when an icon is accessed, but copying everything preserves the edits done to the default icons.

I thought that since Blue_Eagle was the default template that it would have been the safest in terms of update compatibility to modify; guess I was wrong.

I will redo this using the crypsis template when I get time on the dev site and then move it over to the live site.

When do you expect that K 5.0 will be released?

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds