Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Idea K 3.0 speech bubble concept

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #1 by sozzled
Nearly 5 years ago, I had an idea to display the Kunena posts as "speech bubbles".

The problem was that it was not easy to do in K 1.0 and the idea only worked for an old Kunena template that does not exist any more.

Recently I revisited this idea and here is a sample of what it looks like:

This idea does not require any changes to the Kunena source code - everything is done in CSS. I have tested this with the current versions of Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and Google Chrome.

The idea looks best if the user profile is displayed on the right of the post. Obviously you could adapt the idea to use if the user profile is displayed on the left or the top or the bottom of the post (I will leave you to figure this out).

The CSS is as follows:
Code:
/* "Speech bubble" /* #Kunena div.kmsgbody div.kmsgtext { background-color: #F1F1F1; border-radius: 5px; margin-bottom: 10px; overflow: inherit; padding: 5px; } #Kunena div.kmsgbody div.kmsgtext:before { border-bottom: 15px solid transparent; border-left: 40px solid #F1F1F1; content: ""; float: right; position: relative; right: -38px; } #Kunena td.kmessage-right { background-color: transparent; }
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.574 seconds