Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question Jomsocial hack to show profile fields and gallery link

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 1 month ago #1 by thepiston
Thought I'd share this. You can adjust it for your needs.

It shows age in years, gender, link to gallery if it exists, etc.

I put this after line 56 in this file:
components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/html/topic/default_profile_vertical.php
Code:
<?php //get important Joomla data and connections $authorid = $this->profile->userid; $username = $this->profile->username; $jspath = JPATH_BASE.DS.'components'.DS.'com_community'; include_once($jspath.DS.'libraries'.DS.'core.php'); $user =& CFactory::getUser($authorid); $db=JFactory::getDBO(); // write profile fields you want to retrieve here, find the name of the field on Jomsocial profile field area $country = $user->getInfo('FIELD_COUNTRY'); $haller = $user->getInfo('FIELD_HALLER'); $gender = $user->getInfo('FIELD_GENDER'); $date_of_birth = $user->getInfo('FIELD_BIRTHDATE'); $condition = $user->getInfo('contition'); $sx_status = $user->getInfo('sx_status'); //figure out age in years $DateOfBirth = strtotime($date_of_birth); $DateDifference = time() - $DateOfBirth; $AgeInYears = $DateDifference /(60*60*24*365); $AgeInYears = floor($AgeInYears); //figure out if gallery exists, if photos are in gallery, and gallery set to public or members //0=public, 20=members, 30=friends, 40=me only $query = "SELECT a.`creator` from `jos_community_photos_albums` a, `jos_community_photos` b where a.`creator` = $authorid and a.`permissions` IN (0, 20) and a.`id` = b.`albumid`"; $db->setQuery( $query ); $gallery = $db->loadResult(); //show gender and age if available if (isset($gender, $date_of_birth)) { echo "$gender, $AgeInYears<br />"; } //show link to gallery if there is one if ($gallery) { echo "<a href='http://www.YOUR.DOMAIN/my-photos/$authorid-$username'>My Gallery</a><br />"; } //these last 2 are specific to my page, but you can do something similar with your custom fields //show condition and status if they exist if ((isset($condition, $sx_status)) && ($condition!= "None")) { echo "$condition<br />$sx_status<br />"; } //show haller if it exists if ($haller) { echo "Haller: $haller"; } ?>
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by thepiston.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #2 by ChrisK
I'm currently running Joomla 2.5 / JomSocial 3.1.x / Kunena 3.x

I have been trying to get JomSocial Custom Profile Fields to show up on Kunena templates for a while now.

I tried the code you provided, specifically focusing on the JomSocial Custom Profile Fields. Unfortunately though there seems to be an issue with the way the field values are generated, a problem with the Language File.

Instead of

I'm Getting

Just wondering if you might have an idea on how I can go about fixing this up.

Thanks a lot for posting this btw

~Chris

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #3 by thepiston
yep, did same ting for me so I canned Country field. I think there's a problem with Jomsocial. You can find a thread about it on their forum somewhere.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by thepiston.

More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by xamire
Go to your language override and put this as your constant:

COM_COMMUNITY_LANG_NAME_UNITEDSTATES

and then whatever you want that to say (Obviously United States) and then the language file will always have that!

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds