Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Loved Switch template for Mobile browser - Kunena 3

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 1 month ago #1 by Funkjamin
Hi everyone,

I use a custome K3 template, which look very nice on desktop, but is a mess on Mobile browsers.
Is there any way to have kunena to switch template when it detects the browsing device is a Mobile?

I've already that setup for the Joomla template, which change depending on desktop/mobile, but Kunena template remain the same, this is very annoying.

Thanks a lot.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Funkjamin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #2 by Mortti
I can't say the answer, but I use Mobile Joomla! That pro version cost someting too...
www.mobilejoomla.com/extension/forum/kunena-mobile.html
I use there only basic settings(not any pro) www.joomla.fi/foorumi/viimeiset
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Mortti.

More
10 years 3 months ago #3 by Funkjamin
Hi Mortti,

Thanks for your answer, seems pretty much to be dooing what I want it to.
Just one information for you, from my Nokia 920 (Windows 8 phone), all is working well, except for scrolling when displaying the topic list.

If I see the top or bottom (black backgroung) I can click on it and start scrolling.
If the topic list is longer, and I see only topics, no way to get the scrolling working.

Except for that little annoying bug, I'm intrested, so I'll look deeply into it.

Thanks a lot

More
10 years 2 months ago #4 by Funkjamin
Hi there,

Seems in the past they could do it with a small hack.

My temporary solution is hack to Kunana (1.7.2) file

File effected:
Code:
components/com_kunena/class.kunena.php

Find this code (line ~30)
Code:
$kunena_config = KunenaFactory::getConfig ();

Add underneath those code:
Code:
if($kunena_app->getTemplate() == 'your-joomla-template'){ $kunena_config->template = 'your-kunana-template'; }

The script check if your your Joomla is using template 'your-joomla-template', then switch Kunana template to 'your-kunena-template' instead of default template setting in Kunena backend.

But the file don't exist anymore in the kunena dir.

I try to do the same trick, but compatible with K3.0 in the /controllers/misc.php where template should be loaded, but it seems this file is not used when my kunena forum is loaded

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

More
10 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled
K 1.7.2? What are you talking about?

Please post your configuration report.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 1 month ago #6 by Funkjamin
Removed as it contains my PHP config.

More
10 years 2 months ago #7 by Funkjamin
So I'm on Kunena 3.0.4.

But I was pointing out what I found on the web, and want to achieve.
Only found a Hack for 1.7.2

But would love to use it on 3.0.4

So what I would love to achieve is to change my Kunena Template based on the joomla template displayed (I got already the joomla template to change based on the device used).

Thank you.

More
10 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
If you are using a custom Kunena template then you need to talk with the developer of that template. Did you know that the K 3.0.4 Blue Eagle template is designed for mobile browsers?

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #9 by Funkjamin
Hi there,

I finally solved it myself. Here is the how to for anyone interested (Joomla 3 and Kunena 3):

Download the official free (community) version of Mobile Joomla: www.mobilejoomla.com/download.html

Configure the component (all the devices on the left, "Smartphone", "iPhone", "WAP", ...) should be set to the template you selected for mobile users let say "joomla-template-mobile".

Go to your ftp, and edit "/component/com_kunena/kunena.php"

Find this line:
Code:
// Load router

Add BEFORE that line:
Code:
// Code to get the current joomla template jimport( 'joomla.application.application' ); $app = &JApplication::getInstance('site'); $tplname = $app->getTemplate(); // Change the Kunena template to Mobile if Joomla template is "joomla-template-mobile" if( $tplname == "joomla-template-mobile"){ $kunena_config = KunenaFactory::getConfig (); $kunena_config->template = 'Blue_Eagle'; }

What you have now:
If your website is accessed by a dekstop:
You have your site, and your default (selected in administrator pages) Kunena Template

If you website is accessed by a mobile device:
Your website will be displayed with the mobile template you chose (In component mobile joomla) and will have now the Kunena Template you selected in the code !

Enjoy,

Funkjamin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vasyekv, webiedesign

More
8 years 2 months ago #10 by Vasyekv
Is it possible add option to use for mobile Crypsis version and for desktop Blue Eagle as Funkjamin made changes in kunena.php? It's really annoying to make changes on file after updates...

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds