Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question Bringing Back jAwards

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #1 by EQNChris
Hey all!

I wanted to start this thread to get some input into bringing back some hacks for jAwards with Kunena. There was some code rattling around a while back for older versions but as kunena updated with much more regularity, jAwards lagged behind.

jAwards 1.31 - need to go to the discussion page for the link as it has an install fix

community builder plugin v0.8

So the above 2 bits are now the most recent versions of jAwards and now it's community builder plugin. The main jAwards site says they're 100% compatible but I've only tested on my setup so I can't say for sure on that.

OLD CODE - inserted into default_profile_vertical.php

Warning: Spoiler!

So at least for me, when you create a medal and assign it, the current version of jAwards shows up in a tab on community builder fine and the above hack displays a no-image link to the awards in your profile area on the forums essentially wherever you specifically dump the code.

This is where I need you smart folks to help as I'm not a coder. It seems that at a fundamental level the hack still works as something is displayed but apart from that... nothing.

Goals

1. Getting the old hack working again - it'd be great if the hack could be modified to work again to display x number of awards in the profile bar and then link to the full description in community builder

2. Improvements/further customisation - something that came up back in the day was having the awards show below the signature area for users. The logic is that it's a bigger space to display the awards.

For the sake of clarity, my own setup is:

kunena 2.0.4
community builder 1.9.1
joomla 2.5

I've posted here with the logic of might as well work to get the hack up and running with the most up-to-date version of kunena and go from there.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by EQNChris.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #2 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Bringing Back jAwards
Please don't take this negatively, but you are aware that AlphaUserPoints essentially has all the functionality that jAwards did, and then some, right? It's just a little more complicated to setup, but it works wonderfully and is directly supported by Kunena and many, many other components.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

More
9 years 6 months ago #3 by petroweb
Replied by petroweb on topic Bringing Back jAwards
All good! I added a field database users, as it tied to default_profile_vertical.php, so this field is deduced by avatars in kunena?

More
9 years 6 months ago #4 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Bringing Back jAwards
Hello,

I thought that jAwards developpment was stopped, i will advise you the same thing that GoremanX has just said before

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
9 years 6 months ago #5 by petroweb
Replied by petroweb on topic Bringing Back jAwards

xillibit wrote: Hello,

I thought that jAwards developpment was stopped, i will advise you the same thing that GoremanX has just said before

site works only on kunena

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds