Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved An option to adjust the size of the text of posts returned when searching

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #1 by lemur
Good afternoon,

Please tell me if I'm wrong, but in Kunena there is no option to adjust the size of the text of posts returned when searching.

Specifically, if I use the forum search option, all posts that match the search criteria are returned.
At the same time, each post, even a very large one, is displayed in its entirety!
But this is absolutely unnecessary: to understand whether the user found what he was looking for or not, a few lines are usually enough. All the rest of the text is just a burden, as it requires scrolling, etc.

I propose to create a system parameter to limit the size of posts returned during searches. You can give also this parameter in the search form, but as long as it is not reset every time. (Theoretically, you can add this parameter to the user settings, but for me this is unnecessary).

Since the number of lines is a highly device-dependent value, I suggest limiting the number of words, or even better, characters. For example, 50 words or 160 characters - it is set by the admin in the settings.

Thank you 

- - - - - - - - -
Signature:
Many thanks to Rich and the other advisors.
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by lemur.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2 by rich
You can limit it via CSS. This code entry in custom.scss limits the search results to approx. 5 lines.
It has the advantage that you can scroll individual results if necessary.
Code:
/* --- Abbreviate search results --- */ #kunena_search_results .kmessage {   height: 100px;   overflow: scroll !important; }

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #3 by lemur
Thanks for the quick response,

this method works.
And indeed, It has the advantage that it can scroll individual results.

Perhaps a system parameter would be useful as well. At least he would have been known explicitly, and I wouldn't have had to ask for help.

Thanks again. 

- - - - - - - - -
Signature:
Many thanks to Rich and the other advisors.
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by lemur.

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds