Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Bug with birthday display in block besides topic

More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 4 days ago #1 by Goldie
Hi,

I found a bug with birthday-cake.svg . Other than geo.svg for example it contains a title. This messes up display of birthday in block underneath avatar left of message display. libraries/kunena/src/User/KunenaUser.php cannot display tooltip with birthdate then and always show 'birthday-cake' as tooltip. Removing this title form media/kunena/core/svg/birthday-cake.svg solves this problem. Took me a while to understand that mechanism.

However there is another issue for further development here. I do not understand why we have birthday and location as a double field to Joomla profile in Kunena profile. I ask my users whether they want to publish their birthdate in forum and if yes, I fetch it from
Code:
$birthdate = HTMLHelper::date( $userProfile->profile['dob'], Text::_('Y-m-d') );

and set it accordingly or delete it if they do not want to. Same is valid for location which I fetch from
Code:
$userProfile->profile['postal_code'] $userProfile->profile['city']

if user approves. And if I display these value then only to registered users, not to guests.

Some food for thoughts.

Happy coding !
Last edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by Goldie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #2 by Pinkeltje
A lot of forum owners do not use the extra user profile fields. So in my opinion it makes sense to have them in Kunena profile.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #3 by Goldie
Hi pinkeltje,

that was not my main issue. That was the bug with birthday-cake.svg metadata .

Regarding my proposal about dounle fields: One could still set and modify it via Kunena profile edit like it is done for name and password. Having 2 different data for location and birthdate is confusing. Just my 5 cents.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #4 by Pinkeltje
Your issue with the svg has already been added to github and there is a solution.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #5 by Goldie
Shame on me,

I should have seen that it was already addressed. Would have saved me a lot of time. But I am proud that I found the solution myself as it was a tricky one.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds