Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Welcome message

More
1 year 5 months ago #1 by rudging
Welcome message was created by rudging
hi upgraded to K6 and the welcome message keeps popping up:Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!How do I get rid of it please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Welcome message
Go in the backend to the Kunena categories, open the category Welcome Mat and remove this text.

More
1 year 5 months ago #3 by rudging
Replied by rudging on topic Welcome message
Hi thanks, unfortunately the only categories in the categories listing are my forum ones?

More
1 year 5 months ago #4 by rich
Please describe exactly what problem you have, otherwise no one will be able to help you. Which Kunena version did you have before the upgrade? It seems to me that you did a fresh install.

More
1 year 5 months ago #5 by rudging
Hi ok - the site was upgraded from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4.2.5. This meant that Kunena had to be upgraded to V6 using the default template (as no Blue Eagle is going to be available). When logging on to the site and selecting Forum, the forum presents perfectly with forum title and categories listed below. If you select a category, the page presents the category heading and immediately below a blue box appears with:Welcome to the Kunena forum!
Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this !The topics are presented below in the normal expected manner. The code of the box is <h1 class="alert alert-info shadow-1g rounded alert-dismissable fade show">
This box appears every time I select a new category. The box can be closed using the cross in the RH top corner. I want to get rid of the box, it is spoiling the experience for my 236,000 users. Any help would be appreciated

More
1 year 5 months ago #6 by rich

This box appears every time I select a new category.

This box appears on every topic that is in this category. As I wrote in my first reply, delete this text from this category in the backend and it is gone.

More
1 year 5 months ago #7 by rudging
Hi thank you - I now understand and have removed the text. It is all ok now. Thank you again for your help

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds