Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved What does "Move Messages" and "Trash Messages" do?

More
2 years 9 months ago #1 by ugcheleuce
Hello

A user requested that we remove or blank out all of his old messages from the forum archive, and we're considering all the various ways of doing that.  I've noticed that when I view the list of users in the backend, there are buttons called "Move messages" and "Trash messages" that can be applied to a selected user.  But what do these buttons actually do?

Does "Move Messages" move just that user's messages, or does it move entire topics?

Does "Trash Messages" leave a notice for other forum users that a message was deleted from the topic, or does it simply cause those messages to quietly cease existence?  And same question as with "Move Messages": does it delete only the user's own messages, or does it remove entire topics?

What are the things I should keep in mind when using either of these options?

Thanks
Samuel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #2 by rich
Trash Messages moves only messages of this user to the trash. There is no hint, so topics are often torn apart. Trashed messages have the advantage if you made a mistake, that you can restore, and the messages goes back to the original place in the topics.
If you move all messages of a user to another (such as hidden) category, it moves also only his messages, but in this case, you have no undo mode.
If there aren't too many posts, I only see the option that a moderator to edit all his posts and to add a hint.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ugcheleuce

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds