Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Weird message after changing category

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #1 by crimle
Hi there

Kunena seems to have a new feature
  • Select «New topic» from the menu
  • Enter a subject and some text
  • Change the category (assuming that only now you realize that this topic is assigned to the wrong category)
  • New: the following message is displayed

Confirm text replacement with template category text
[CLOSE] [REPLACE CONTENT] [REPLACE CONTENT AND KEEP EXISTING]

In my forum I do not want to use «Topic Template». So this message does not make sense at all.
Is there a setting that completely disables this feature?

I find it rather confusing. It is not obvious, that pressing the [CLOSE] button means [DECLINE] or even better [KEEP EXISTING].
Apart from that, the button [REPLACE CONTENT AND KEEP EXISTING] tells a contradiction. Content may either be replaced or kept. I can't imagine text being replaced and kept at the same time. Would [ADD TO EXISTING CONTENT] be better?

Thank you and kind regards
Chris
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by crimle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #2 by rich
It seems my answer contains a number of special characters or code tags that make it impossible for me to save it in one message. Therefore I've splitted my answer.

Kunena seems to have a new feature

Isn't new, this option is already available several years.

I find it rather confusing. It is not obvious, that pressing the [CLOSE] button means [DECLINE] or even better [KEEP EXISTING].
Apart from that, the button [REPLACE CONTENT AND KEEP EXISTING] tells a contradiction. Content may either be replaced or kept. I can't imagine text being replaced and kept at the same time. Would [ADD TO EXISTING CONTENT] be better?

Yes, it's a bit confuse. The existing text is replaced with the template text, but then added again below if you keep them.

In my forum I do not want to use «Topic Template». So this message does not make sense at all.
Is there a setting that completely disables this feature?

There is no option to disable it, but you can do it with a template override. docs.kunena.org/en/faq/template-overrides
First go in your Joomla template into the html folder and add this folder path /com_kunena/layouts/topic/edit/

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #3 by rich
Copy /components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/layouts/topic/edit/default.php
to
/yourjoomlatemplate/html/com_kunena/layouts/topic/edit/default.php and comment out the code block from line 137 until 154 with <!-- at the beginning and --> at the end.
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by rich.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crimle

More
2 years 11 months ago #4 by crimle
I did the suggested override and the feature has gone. Great!
I am very happy and greatful :-)
Kind regards
Chris

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds