Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved how to hide buttons in editor?

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #1 by carsten888
There are just soooo many buttons in the editor (just click reply and you'll see). I would only like to show only a few on my forum. How to hide the buttons which are useless on my forum?

I have checked the configuration and disabled things like soundscloud- and ebay-embedding. But it still shows that button.
I checked the wiki, and searched this forum but found no answer.

joomla  3.9.24 
Kunena 5.2.2

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by carsten888.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic how to hide buttons in editor?
Go in the backend to your Kunena template (tab) BBCode and disable the unneeded buttons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: carsten888

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #3 by carsten888
thank you. That took care of most of the buttons. I would not have thought the button-config was something template-specific.

Still some buttons I can not find how to hide.
Would you happen to know where those settings are?

Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by carsten888.

More
3 years 2 months ago #4 by rich
Replied by rich on topic how to hide buttons in editor?
Try followings:
Go to folder /media/kunena/core/js and copy the ckeditor_config.js so that you have a backup.
Then open the original file and replace the code in lines 14 - 31

from
Code:
config.toolbarGroups = [ { name: 'document', groups: [ 'mode', 'document', 'doctools' ] }, { name: 'clipboard', groups: [ 'clipboard', 'undo' ] }, { name: 'editing', groups: [ 'find', 'selection', 'spellchecker', 'editing' ] }, { name: 'forms', groups: [ 'forms' ] }, '/', { name: 'basicstyles', groups: [ 'basicstyles', 'cleanup' ] }, { name: 'paragraph', groups: [ 'list', 'indent', 'blocks', 'align', 'bidi', 'paragraph' ] }, { name: 'links', groups: [ 'links' ] }, { name: 'insert', groups: [ 'insert' ] }, { name: 'social', groups: [ 'social' ] }, '/', { name: 'styles', groups: [ 'styles' ] }, { name: 'colors', groups: [ 'colors' ] }, { name: 'tools', groups: [ 'tools' ] }, { name: 'others', groups: [ 'others' ] }, { name: 'about', groups: [ 'about' ] } ];
to
Code:
config.toolbarGroups = [ { name: 'document', groups: [ 'document', 'doctools' ] }, { name: 'editing', groups: [ 'editing' ] }, { name: 'forms', groups: [ 'forms' ] }, { name: 'basicstyles', groups: [ 'basicstyles' ] }, { name: 'paragraph', groups: [ 'list', 'indent', 'blocks', 'align', 'paragraph' ] }, { name: 'links', groups: [ 'links' ] }, { name: 'insert', groups: [ 'insert' ] }, { name: 'styles', groups: [ 'styles' ] }, { name: 'colors', groups: [ 'colors' ] }, { name: 'tools', groups: [ 'tools' ] }, { name: 'about', groups: [ 'about' ] } ];
The following user(s) said Thank You: carsten888

More
3 years 2 months ago #5 by carsten888
Perfect!
Thank you very much!

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds