Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Kunena is taking over my Joomla Profile!!!!

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #1 by pambesteder
I installed Kunena simply for the forum, that's all.

But now it's taking over what my users see in their regular Joomla profile.

BEFORE I installed Kunena, ALL my users saw in their profile was their user name, password, email with the ability to change all of those.

NOW, there's a section for:

PERSONAL DETAILS (asking for gender and uploading an avatar??) , USER ACTION (asking to be notified of new plugins, etc.??) LOGIN OPTIONS, USER PROFILE FOR A BIRTHDAY????

How do I disconnect my regular Joomla profile page from anything Kunena is doing?

All I want users to see on the profile page is user name, password, email with the ability to change all of those.

Help!!!!

Pam

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 768M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : g5_hydrogen | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 5.4.35 | creationdate: September 8, 2020

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle5 | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.5.4 | creationdate: 2020-09-13

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.19 | 2020-08-15 [ Tethys ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by pambesteder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #2 by rich
Some keys on your keyboard seem to be stuck. You should repair that.

USER ACTION (asking to be notified of new plugins, etc.??)

I have no idea where you got that from, at least it's not from Kunena.
You should already know the Kunena profile, as you are not using this software for the first time. If you don't want this profile, disable it (Backend -> Kunena -> Plugins -> Kunena - Kunena Integration).

More
3 years 6 months ago #3 by pambesteder
Thank you.
I don't want to disable the Kunena profile, I just want it to NOT disturb what's happening with my Joomla profile.
I want the Joomla profile to look and feel like it did BEFORE I added Kunena.
Is that not possible?

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #4 by rich
Why do you think that Kunena manipulate the Joomla profile? Kunena never change something in the Joomla profile. Your both screenshots in the first message have absolute nothing to do with Kunena.
The first image seems a screen of your Joomla register form and you should check the configuration.
The second image in your first post shows a screenshot of Joomla User Actions Component and should be available only for admins. You will see the same result, if Kunena isn't installed.
If you that's not wanted, disable the Joomla Action Log - Plugin.
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by rich.

More
3 years 6 months ago #5 by pambesteder
Hey, thanks for the reply.
Before I installed Kunena, my profile didn't have all these things on it.
But once I loaded Kunena they showed up. So I assume it had something to do with it.
But I've since found a work around to remove some of the things with the help of some people at Joomla.
Thanks for your help.
Pam

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds