Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved How to erase data every semester

More
3 years 6 months ago #1 by Gekkota
Hi there,

We use the forum in an educational website where we erase users every semester to later upload new users.

I made a test to see what happens when we delete users and I see posts in kunena forum don't disappear, but user profile link does and instead of the name of the user, it shows the email, is there anyway to avoid this? We wouldn't mind keeping the posts showing the names of the users but not the emails, is this possible? if not, is there anyway to clear all posts every semester, or would I have to reinstall component from fresh?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #2 by rich
Which Kunena version use you? If you delete a user he should be displayed as a Visitor (the user name and messages remain) and a deleted user has no profile anymore, therefore also not a link to this profile.
If you want to remove all topics, it is a better way if you do it before you delete your users.
Go to "Backend -> Kunena -> Users", mark all users with the checkbox, and click on top of the button "Trash Messages". This option moves all messages of the marked users into the trash (or you create an own category with access only for admins so you have an archive).
If you have the users already deleted, you must delete the topics in the frontend.Choose in the configuration (tab Frontend) a high number of Topics Per Page, so it's possible to delete many topics with one process (Recent Topics -> mark the checkboxes, then delete or move the topics).

Addition:
I've forgotten the third possibility (it's the easiest way). Backend -> Kunena -> Tools -> Prune Categories -> Prune topics with no posts for the past = 0 days.
Mark all categories with the key CTRL + Mouse and delete or move all messages to the trash. Afterwards the forum should be clean.
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by rich.

More
3 years 6 months ago #3 by Gekkota
Hi Rich, Thanks a lot for your answer, very helpfull.
Unfortunatelly we use emails as username, that is the reason why emails show. Ok, no problem, at least now I know how to whipe all out without uninstalling the whole thing.

Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds