Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Timeout when posting

More
4 years 2 months ago #1 by nickza
Timeout when posting was created by nickza
Hello.
I would like to know and understand what controls the timeout of when a user is posting.

One of my users sent a message explaining how they spent a long time (actual time unknown), on composing a forum post, only for it to timeout when he clicked on submit and therefore lost all of his information.

Is there a way I can control the timeout period?
Is there a way to have cache somehow save the post in a draft/autosave the draft while it is posting. This way, in the event that they timeout for whatever reason, the post text is saved in a draft, or is saved in cache.

Thank you for a great forum software :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Timeout when posting

This time limit you can set in the Joomla Global Configuration (tab System -> Session Lifetime). If you change the session time in Joomla, you must also change it in the Kunena configuration (tab General) to the same time. The Joomla time in minutes and Kunena time in seconds.

Is there a way to have cache somehow save the post in a draft/autosave the draft while it is posting. This way, in the event that they timeout for whatever reason, the post text is saved in a draft, or is saved in cache.

There is an option in the Kunena template setting (tab Feature). If you choose the option "Recover crash and store fields = Yes" should be remain the text in the writing field when the user re log in.

More
4 years 2 months ago #3 by nickza
Replied by nickza on topic Timeout when posting

rich wrote:

This time limit you can set in the Joomla Global Configuration (tab System -> Session Lifetime). If you change the session time in Joomla, you must also change it in the Kunena configuration (tab General) to the same time. The Joomla time in minutes and Kunena time in seconds.

There is an option in the Kunena template setting (tab Feature). If you choose the option "Recover crash and store fields = Yes" should be remain the text in the writing field when the user re log in.

Thank you so much for this. So the "Recover Crash and Store Fields" setting was switched to No. I have changed and saved it to "Yes"
Will that also save in the event of a timeout, or no?

More
4 years 2 months ago #4 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Timeout when posting
Timeout is in principle the same as log out. It's indifferent whether you are logged out via the system (timeout) or do it self.
But a problem exists if you have been inserted attachments. They are not correctly displayed anymore after "Crash and Restore". But that's a bug and I've already reported this.

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds