Blue Eagle (1.5.0) for K5.1 is released (20 Jul 2018)

Please update the Kunena Blue Eagle to 1.5.0 if you use Kunena 5.1.
We made several bug fixes and improvements. Also Blue Eagle has now all the features from Crypsis.
Download: www.kunena.org/download/templates/category/blue-eagle-5

Solved (solved) Cannot reorder Kunena sections and categories

More
8 months 5 days ago - 8 months 5 days ago #1 by pintobuck
Using Joomla 3.8.2, PHP 7.0.98, Kunena 5.0.12

Background Info: Using Joomla backend / Components / Kunena Forum / Categories, I could not get my sections and categories to reorder into the desired sequence.

This is what worked for me.

Problem #1 -- When clicking on the "Ordering - Select to sort by this column" icon, the icon would blink and become inactive before I could click on it.
Solution #1 -- For me, I just had to move my mouse pointer a little down and to the right of the Order icon, until the label displayed without blinking out, and then I could click there, instead of on the icon, and the icon would activate so that I could reorder my sections and categories.

Problem #2 -- I would reorder my Sections, but then on the front end of Kunena Index, the sections would appear in a completely different order. Frequently, when I moved a section around in the middle of the back end index, it would appear on the front end near the top or beginning of the index. Repeat until totally frustrated.
Solution #2.1 -- When you move a section, experiment with placing/releasing it a little lower (or higher) where it goes between two other sections. Pretty soon, you will figure out just where to place/release the section being moved.
Solution #2.2 -- Clear your Joomla system cache before and after you move a Kunena section.
Solution #2.3 -- Clear your browser cache before and after you move a Kunena section.
Solution #2.4 -- Navigate away from the Joomla backend Kunena Categories page, before and after you move a Kunena section.
Solution #2.5 -- You may even need to log out and log in before or after you move a particularly stubborn Kunena section.
Last edit: 8 months 5 days ago by pintobuck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds