Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved (solved) Cannot reorder Kunena sections and categories

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #1 by pintobuck
Using Joomla 3.8.2, PHP 7.0.98, Kunena 5.0.12

Background Info: Using Joomla backend / Components / Kunena Forum / Categories, I could not get my sections and categories to reorder into the desired sequence.

This is what worked for me.

Problem #1 -- When clicking on the "Ordering - Select to sort by this column" icon, the icon would blink and become inactive before I could click on it.
Solution #1 -- For me, I just had to move my mouse pointer a little down and to the right of the Order icon, until the label displayed without blinking out, and then I could click there, instead of on the icon, and the icon would activate so that I could reorder my sections and categories.

Problem #2 -- I would reorder my Sections, but then on the front end of Kunena Index, the sections would appear in a completely different order. Frequently, when I moved a section around in the middle of the back end index, it would appear on the front end near the top or beginning of the index. Repeat until totally frustrated.
Solution #2.1 -- When you move a section, experiment with placing/releasing it a little lower (or higher) where it goes between two other sections. Pretty soon, you will figure out just where to place/release the section being moved.
Solution #2.2 -- Clear your Joomla system cache before and after you move a Kunena section.
Solution #2.3 -- Clear your browser cache before and after you move a Kunena section.
Solution #2.4 -- Navigate away from the Joomla backend Kunena Categories page, before and after you move a Kunena section.
Solution #2.5 -- You may even need to log out and log in before or after you move a particularly stubborn Kunena section.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by pintobuck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds