Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Solved (solved) Phantom Kunena Category blocks Create & Save New Category

More
2 years 10 months ago #1 by pintobuck
Using Joomla 3.8.2, PHP 7.0.98, Kunena 5.0.12.

Background info: I changed the name of category #1 and its alias to match a new category name #2. (Purpose was to make it into a new subcategory.) Then I wanted to create a new category #3 using the old category #1 name and alias. However, Kunena would not save the new category #3 because it said the alias was already in use. However, that alias (old category #1) was not in use because I had changed it when I changed the name and alias of category #1. I searched Kunena categories, Joomla content categories, and mySQL, and could not find the old alias for category #1 anywhere.

Solution: Finally I looked at Category #2, again. (It used to be category #1). Underneath the category #2's new alias, were some check boxes. Sure enough, one of the check boxes still contained the old category #1 alias directly underneath the new category #2 alias. So, I unchecked the check box, and the old category #1 alias disappeared. Then I could reused the old category #1 alias for a new category #3 just as I had been trying to do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds