Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

We are going to change plans on our hosting. Little downtime until the change. (Yesterday)

The actual task of upgrading the server to the new base of operations will occur, starting around this evening until some hours. From this time the website will be unavailable and will remain inaccessible. And the topics are in read only modus, so you still can read your messages.

Thank you
Kunena Team

Solved DOM Error: Found 2 elements with non-unique id

More
9 months 2 weeks ago - 9 months 2 weeks ago #1 by Cyrusxxxx
Hello to all, after upgrading Google Chrome to version 63.0.3239.84 I have started recieving following errors related to login form of Kunena (ver 5.0.12):
[DOM] Found 2 elements with non-unique id #login-passwd: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) 
<input id=​"login-passwd" type=​"password" name=​"password" class=​"form-control" tabindex=​"2" size=​"18" placeholder=​"Lozinka" required>​ <input id=​"login-passwd" type=​"password" name=​"password" class=​"form-control" tabindex=​"2" size=​"18" placeholder=​"Lozinka" required>​
kategorije:1 
[DOM] Found 2 elements with non-unique id #login-remember: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) 
<input id=​"login-remember" type=​"checkbox" name=​"remember" value=​"yes">​ 
<input id=​"login-remember" type=​"checkbox" name=​"remember" value=​"yes">​
kategorije:1 
[DOM] Found 2 elements with non-unique id #login-username: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) 
<input id=​"login-username" type=​"text" name=​"username" class=​"form-control" tabindex=​"1" size=​"18" placeholder=​"Korisničko ime">​ <input id=​"login-username" type=​"text" name=​"username" class=​"form-control" tabindex=​"1" size=​"18" placeholder=​"Korisničko ime">​

This error is visible here also when I am not logged in.
Should I just ignore this?

Thank you!
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by Cyrusxxxx. Reason: Added one more screenshot
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #2 by gurubob
Google sent me here ...

Looks like Chrome is now complaining about elements in the DOM with the same ID. In the case of this site there's a responsive login for non-dekstop sites that is the username and password.

This is going to be a widespread problem for many web developers and not specific to just this site or to Joomla.

Cheers,

- Bob -
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #3 by 810
We have 2 menu's . one for normal screen and one for the mobile. So we need to create a different name for the mobile one, and copy all the custom javascript.

basically more lines of codes for the same functions, i don't why google want this behavior.
More
8 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #4 by gurubob
Duplicate ID's on a page have been a no-no for a long time. Don't use a duplicate ID to target it via JS, you could just use a custom attribute, e.g. data-id ...

$('*[data-id="login"]').on('click', function() { ... });
Last edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by gurubob.
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #5 by 810
ok, fixed the issue, will be on the next K5.1 release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyrusxxxx
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #6 by Cyrusxxxx
Thank you 810.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds