Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Solved How to disable updates?

More
3 years 2 months ago #1 by Zemran
I have tried very hard to work with version 5 but it is not fit for the job. Up until version 4.0.12 I do feel that this was a brilliant product, the best but I do not like 5. Not just the lack of decent themes but it does not work well with my site. Lots of problems like 2 dropdowns and text all over the place.

I deleted v5 and had to remove all entries from the database as you cannot simply go back to v4. Now it wants to upgrade to v5 again. How can I take it off the update list so it stops nagging me? I love v4 and do not want to have delete it altogether.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #2 by Zemran
Replied by Zemran on topic Solution found.
From the menu system - Extensions -> Manage -> Update Sites and delete the Kunena update site. Kunena are not going to produce any updates so there is no loss. I can now stick with v4 and I hope we can all be happy :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds