Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Does Kunena Support Joomlas Tags Component

More
7 years 10 months ago #1 by eSilverStrike
Does Kunena support Joomlas Tags Component?

Thanks

Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by 810
Short answer: No

More
7 years 10 months ago #3 by eSilverStrike
Thanks.

Is there an easy way to display a module in a side column that shows related articles (or other info) for particular forum topics.

Ideal this would have be one module using info from the Joomla Tags component which I would have tagged specific forum topics manually as they come up.

I know Kunena has it's own tagging system. I am sure my type of situation has come up before, how do others handle it?

Tom

More
7 years 10 months ago #4 by 810
the basic code is in, but it never worked. And we have removed it on K5.0.

There is a module for that, you can see it on the joomla extensions dir.

More
7 years 10 months ago #5 by eSilverStrike
Sorry I am a little confused, are you talking about the Kunena tags functionality being removed?

Also I have checked for other modules on the Joomla Extension directory and don't see one that allows me to show related articles based on what Kunena forum topic is being displayed (or something similar). Which one where you thinking of?

Thanks for the support.

More
7 years 10 months ago #6 by 810
Yes, On K5.0 its removed. On K4.0 you see the tags, until you save the kunena config, then its gone also.

Tags is not working at all, you can save the tags, but it doesn't do anything, just plain text, thats why we removed it, And in the mean time Joomla has now their own tags. So we still need to implent that to. But we are on a small team, 2 devs and 1 moderator.

Fixing bugs is our priority.

More
7 years 10 months ago #7 by eSilverStrike
I realize you are working on getting version 5.0 wrapped up and appreciate your efforts. :)

I am currently working with a number of small dev teams for open source CMS projects (not related to Joomla) so I understand the balancing act of fixing bugs and adding features (while working and having a family).

Do you see the possibility of implement the Joomla tags at some point in Kunena 5.x life cycle?

Do you remember the name of the module you thought of in a previous post that is on the Joomla Extension website? I see one called TorTags that could work but development seems slow and I rather not replace Joomla's core Tag solution (especially since I already have all my articles already tagged).

I can wait a bit for a solution to present itself for the related articles issue as I will have to get the forum built up first.

More
7 years 10 months ago #8 by 810
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...ed-topics-for-kunena

eh depends on how long the other features are taking.

The github issue is already there: github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/468

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #9 by eSilverStrike
I saw that related topics extension for Kunena which looks great except for the fact that it doesn't support showing related articles.

I actually still may purchase the component once I get the forum off the ground because of the value it adds for relating topics with each other.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by eSilverStrike.

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds