Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved kunena documentation

More
7 years 11 months ago #1 by ssh
kunena documentation was created by ssh
the actual kunena documentation ( www.kunena.org/docs/en/requirements ) says that Apache mod_cache and mod_rewrite are required to run kunena.

The fact is that I am running Apache 2.4 without both of them and I don't see any errors.

Please tell me if this documentation is based on Apache 2.2.

Waiting for an answer.
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena documentation

chiripas wrote: The documentation ( www.kunena.org/docs/en/requirements ) says that Apache mod_cache and mod_rewrite are required to run Kunena.

I don't know how (or if) mod_cache is used in J! 3.5. mod_rewrite is used by Joomla on Apache for rewriting Joomla SEF URLs .

Websites can run J! 3.5 without mod_cache or mod_rewrite unless you decide to use the Joomla-supplied .htaccess file. Although the Kunena documentation says these things are "required ... for the sake of completeness", they are not mandatory requirements unless, as I've said, you need the .htaccess file to enable other features built into Joomla.

More
7 years 11 months ago #3 by ssh
Replied by ssh on topic kunena documentation
I am using both features (cache and url rewriting)
and
using the .htaccess file from Joomla
and
using Apache 2.4
and
don't have those Apache modules installed (mod_cache and mod_rewrite)

Results:
I don't see any errors

Attachments:

More
7 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic kunena documentation
This is a question for a Joomla expert. I suggest you write to the Joomla forum ( forum.joomla.org ) and tell them:

1) You are using Joomla 3.5 + Apache 2.4 with the standard Joomla .htaccess file (i.e. the renamed htaccess.txt file)

2) You do not have the Apache mod_rewrite() or mod_cache() modules enabled on your server

3) You have enabled both Joomla's Search Engine Friendly URLs and Use URL Rewriting settings.

4) You do not get any HTTP 500 Internal Server errors

Then ask them if it is a Joomla requirement that Apache 2.4 can run with the mod_rewrite() or mod_cache() modules to use the Joomla global configuration settings in the way that you are using them.

Please post a link to your questions at the Joomla forum here so that we may follow the discussion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssh

More
7 years 11 months ago #5 by ssh
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds