Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question RSS Feeds in Outlook and Internet Explorer

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #1 by Idrian
Hi,

I have a problem with the RSS feeds in Kunena. When I set a dynamic bookmark in Firefox everything works as it should.
But when I try to open the RSS feed function in Internet Explorer by clicking on the RSS symbol in Kunena, I get an error message: feeds with DTDs are not supported.

And to integrate the Kunena RSS feed in Outlook doesn' work as well.
I took the link from the RSS-Symbol and installed a new RSS feed in Outlook. But this RSS feed stays empty.

Has somebody an idea?

Joomla Version: 3.5.1
Kunena Version: 4.0.10

Idrian
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Idrian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2 by 810
microsoft has expressed on a foroum that for security reasons, the document type definition on rss feeds is not supported in IE browsers.

Are you running IE8?

IE11 should not having any issues with it.

For the second question:
You should use the rss link from the bottom, you can have different inputs, like only that category, or all topics.

We have a GitHub issue for the active rss button on IE, I have looked add it, but I couldn't find the issue.

More
7 years 11 months ago #3 by Idrian
Hi,

thanks for your answer.

The problem affects with IE 11.

The link for the feed that is generated is:

.../index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topics&format=feed&layout=default&mode=replies&Itemid=148&lang=de

Maybe there is something wrong...

Time to create page: 1.820 seconds