Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Recount of downloading files

More
7 years 11 months ago #1 by churruka
Hello
I am using this wonderful component and my serious question if anyone knows some plugin or something similar to keep a count of downloads attachments??
thank you very much, do an amazing job

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Thanks for your question. I'm not aware of a plugin (or another Joomla extension) that currently exists to show someone—the site administrator, perhaps—a count of the what message attachments in Kunena people may be downloading (for example, PDF or ZIP files or anything else for that matter) or the number of times those attachment files have been downloaded from your website.

There are, however, other file repository tools for Joomla (search the other file repository tools for Joomla for "download control"). Instead of using the "attachments" feature in Kunena, you could upload your "downloadables" to a "file repository" and reference them with links in a forum message. Most of the "file repository" products that I've used allow you find out how many times people have downloaded files from your website.

Another suggestion is to use some analytic tool—e.g Google Analytics—(perhaps you could set up a filter) to see what files are being clicked on. :unsure:

But, in simple terms as far as Kunena (specifically) is concerned, I think the answer to your question is no.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds