Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Profanity Filter

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1 by melvins138
Profanity Filter was created by melvins138
Hi! I am looking for a way to filter profanity for my forum.

I have searched this forum for an answer, and also searched Google, but with no luck.

I know there is a debate as to whether swear words or cussing should be filtered, as we are all adults. But none-the-less I run a charity's website that prefers there be no swearing, cussing or profanity readable for it's members, some of whom are children. Plus there really is no reason to have it on this particular forum.

I have even seen profanity be filtered on this forum, and I am looking to find out how to do that.

Is there anyone who can point me in the right ****ing direction? :P

Thanks,
Melvins138
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by melvins138.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Profanity Filter
yes looks like the plugin has been removed on the jed.

I can found only old plugins, that will not work anymore.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3 by melvins138
Replied by melvins138 on topic Profanity Filter
Is there a place to access that plugin that is not JED?

More
7 years 10 months ago #4 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Profanity Filter
this is a old plugin:
joomla.stefysoft.com/jootools-extensions...t-free-download.html

But I think it will not work anymore.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Profanity Filter

melvins138 wrote: Hi! I am looking for a way to filter profanity for my forum.

If I am right in understanding your question, you are looking for a "lazy", automated way to replace text posted in your forum with some other text. I'm sorry but I think you're out of luck.

I agree with you, in the sense that if your specific website has terms and conditions that prohibit the use of certain language, that you should be able to moderate your own forum in any way that you like.

melvins138 wrote: I have even seen profanity be filtered on this forum, and I am looking to find out how to do that.

This was easy; having an effective team of forum moderators makes this possible. I suggest you take another closer look at the source of your information:

:lol:
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
7 years 9 months ago #6 by melvins138
Replied by melvins138 on topic Profanity Filter
It's sad that some people think that doing due diligence to make sure a solution doesn't already exist before spending precious time creating it, is looking for the "lazy" way out. The rest of the world thinks that's called being resourceful and proficient.

So anyone else searching for a more automated solution for profanity or fowl language or cursing filtering, this is how I addressed my issue:

1) Go to Extensions > Plugins > System - Kunena Forum
2) Set "Joomla Content Plugin Support" to Yes, and "Run plugins on" to contain "Bodies"
3) Download the "Bad Word Filter" from JED... located here .
4) Enable "Bad Word Filter" Plugin
5) List the "Bad Words" you want to filter and the "HTML Replacement" you want to use, per the instructions.

This worked for me on J3.5.1 using Bad Word Filter 1.0.4 and Kunena 4.0.10 on PHP 5.5.30

It's not 100% perfect, but it seems to catch the majority of words I need filtered, leaving additional manual moderation to a minimum.

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds