Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Possible Edit History?

More
7 years 11 months ago #1 by BlueDragonfly
Joomla Version: 3.5.1
Kunena Version: 4.0.10

I first searched both the forum and via Google, but didn't find what I was looking for. Basically, I'm wondering if there's a way to retrieve the edit history of a post? As an administrator, I accidentally overwrote someone's post rather than replying to it. I didn't have it set so that new posts email me (although I'm not sure if they contain the body of the post in the email), though I do now.

Is there a way to restore the post (I don't have a backup of the database between then and now), and if not, a way to prevent this from happening again in the future?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Possible Edit History?

BlueDragonfly wrote: I'm wondering if there's a way to retrieve the edit history of a post?

Kunena doesn't have this type of feature.

BlueDragonfly wrote: I didn't have it set so that new posts email me (although I'm not sure if they contain the body of the post in the email), though I do now.

You're right. If you setup Kunena to email you the body of the posts, you could "retrieve" the information that way.

BlueDragonfly wrote: Is there a way to restore the post (I don't have a backup of the database between then and now) ...

Not really (except, as you say, you could edit the original message. If it was something important that was lost then the only real way to restore things the way they were is with a database backup. :(

BlueDragonfly wrote: ... and if not, a way to prevent this from happening again in the future?

Once you hit the submit button, you're pretty much "committed"; there isn't a "Are you sure?" [last-chance-before-it-goes] option.

Another way to keep track of what's posted on your forum is to enable RSS feeds and "subscribe" to them. RSS feeds can be collected by you email client (e.g. Microsoft Outlook allows you to subscribe to RSS feeds) and, in that way, you could probably keep a history of what is posted. Those are a few ideas you might like to experiment with.

Sorry to hear you lost something posted on your forum. I guess you have a bit of apologising to do and eating a bit of humble-pie. We all make mistakes like yours, from time to time, and it's "just one of those things" we have to live with and accept. :blush:

More
7 years 11 months ago #3 by BlueDragonfly
Thank you for the quick response! I'll at least learn from this mistake by having new posts emailed to me, and next time, try to double-check that I'm replying, not editing! Thank you. :)

Time to create page: 0.841 seconds