Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Delete and Restore entire Category (with all messages)

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #1 by kunenauser40
Hi to all,

in my forum I have a secret category only for the moderators of the site and can be viewed only from moderators or a user with super user rights.

I want to give a backup of my site to a person (web designer) to do some work, but the problem is that I don't want that person to see this category because we have some confidential conversations there.

So I was thinking to delete this category completely from the control panel of joomla/kunena just before I give him the backup of my website and to restore this category when he will finish the job.

So, I would like to ask you how to restore a deleted category with all the messages from the backup?
(Let'a say that the category is named "SECRET CATEGORY" and it includes 10 threads with 100 posts)

If you have another way to suggest except of deleting completely the category from kunena control panel please also tell me.

Thank you all :)
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by kunenauser40.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I think you should install the backup of your site on a test site, then remove the categories that you want and then do a backup of this test site to give at someone else

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kunenauser40

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds