Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Menu home page cannot choose categroies

More
8 years 6 days ago - 8 years 6 days ago #1 by hung
Hi
My joomla is 3.4.8 and kunena is 4.0.10.

I set a menu that uses the type of Home Page,and 'Default Menu Item' links to 'Newest topics'.
And my older kunena version is 3.0.8, there is 'Main settings' in the type of 'Home page' menu,
but now 4.0.10 isn't.

And 'Newest topics' menu's 'Main settings' , Category List in Recent Topics I choose 'forum2'.

However,on the frontend site I click Home Page,forum1 and forum2's topics all show.

thanks
Last edit: 8 years 6 days ago by hung.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 days ago #2 by rich
You forgot one thing. You use the global setting. Change it and it should work.

Attachments:

More
8 years 6 days ago - 8 years 6 days ago #3 by hung
My original global setting is 'show categories'.
So,I choose 'Newest topics' menu show forum2 category is ok.

The question of the menu is 'kunena' which menu's type is 'Menu item Alias'
and it should link to 'Home page' menu, default menu item is 'Newest topics'.
However,I choose 'Kunena' menu not only show forum2
Last edit: 8 years 6 days ago by hung.

More
8 years 5 days ago - 8 years 5 days ago #4 by rich

The question of the menu is 'kunena' which menu's type is 'Menu item Alias'

Each menu item has a own ID and leads to the selected destination. Therefore there is the menu item alias. If you want to link several menu items with the same destination you must use the Menu Item Alias. You can link to an already existing menu item with it.
Please create a configuration report so we can see your menu items.
Last edit: 8 years 5 days ago by rich.

More
8 years 5 days ago - 8 years 5 days ago #5 by hung
please look at attachments,thanks!
(kunena 4.0.10) menu type:home page, there isn't main setting to select allowed categories,
if in this case, I have to change all my menus, and it's a big work Orz

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 1024M | Max file upload: 1024M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.10 | creationdate: 2016-02-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.10 | 2016-02-18 [ Villavicencio ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 8 years 5 days ago by rich.

More
8 years 4 days ago #6 by rich
Your kunena menus are not in order and the Alias link in the main menu is broken. Trash all existing menus and menu items that relate to your Kunena forum. Then start again from scratch.

1. Trash all existing Kunena menu items and create a completely new Kunena Menu ( see here ).
2. Go to "Kunena configuration -> (tab) Frontend -> Category List in Recent Topics" and choose all the categories that you want to show or hide in recent topics.
3. Check in your forum the menu items (should be ok).
4.(Optional) If you want to change the landing page from main menu to Kunena, please read Changing Default Landing Page in Kunena .

More
8 years 3 days ago #7 by hung
No, it doesn't work.
And you said start again from scratch,but there are many menus with kunena in my website.
I'm not sure if we understand each other's problems.

You said choose all the categories that I want to show or hide in recent topics,but there are
serveral different recent topics menu,so I couldn't show the same categories in every newest topics.

And why the type of the kunena menu 'home page' no 'main setting' to choose categories?
Thanks a lot, hope there is solution to solve my problem.

More
8 years 3 days ago - 8 years 3 days ago #8 by rich

And you said start again from scratch,but there are many menus with kunena in my website.

A troubleshooting lasts usually much longer than a new beginning but it is your decision.

You said choose all the categories that I want to show or hide in recent topics,but there are serveral different recent topics menu,so I couldn't show the same categories in every newest topics.

If you have several different Recent Topic menu items, you must make this setting in the menu (see image in my first reply).

And why the type of the kunena menu 'home page' no 'main setting' to choose categories?

With this type of menu you can select only a menu item as destination such as Default Menu Item = Recent Topics ( see here ).
Last edit: 8 years 3 days ago by rich.

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds