Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Automatically adding text when someone starts a new topic.

More
8 years 1 month ago #1 by DaddyPenguin
Lets see if i can explain this right. Under a specific section, I want predefined text to automatically be added when someone goes to make new topic. For example under a question section when they click new topic already in the message where they will type in there question there will already be a format on what needs to be in the topic before they click post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by 9themestore
Hi DaddyPenguin,

You need add the placeholder property for text editor. If you are using the Blue Eagle template, you need follow some bellow steps:

1. Open the edit_editor.php file in the "components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/html/topic/" path.

2. Go to about line 242 and change from:
Code:
<textarea class="ktxtarea required" name="message" id="kbbcode-message" rows="10" cols="50" tabindex="3"><?php echo $this->escape($this->message->message); ?></textarea>

to:
Code:
<textarea class="ktxtarea required" name="message" id="kbbcode-message" rows="10" cols="50" tabindex="3" placeholder="Input your text here..."><?php echo $this->escape($this->message->message); ?></textarea>

3. Save and try to create new topic to view your text.

Hope this helps

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
8 years 1 month ago #3 by DaddyPenguin
Now would this do it for all topics on the forum? I looking to have it done for just one category of the forum and not all. I have like 7 categories in my forum, so under one of them I would like the text to appear when they create a topic under it.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #4 by DaddyPenguin
This seems to work for any new topic. I looking for just new topic under just one specific catecory, not all. Is there a way?
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by DaddyPenguin.

Time to create page: 0.715 seconds