Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Allow Certain Registered Users to Post on Forums only

More
8 years 1 month ago #1 by beyond
Hi,

I use Kunena and Jomsocial on my website.

Is there a function to allow users with jomsocial profile or jomsocial points above 1 to post on the kunena forum?

This should be ACL but I can't find it anywhere. Any plugin solution or code hack?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled

beyond wrote: Is there a function to allow users with Jomsocial profile or Jomsocial points above 1 to post on the Kunena forum?

Kunena is a Joomla component. Kunena uses Joomla ACLs to define who can or cannot post messages on a forum. Kunena has a limited interoperability with JomSocial. The interoperability between Kunena and JomSocial extends to such things as "earning points", utilising features of the JomSocial user profile and private messaging.

There is no connection between whether or not a user has a JomSocial user profile or has aquired a certain number of Jomsocial "points" that controls a user's ability to post on a Kunena forum. In the many years that I have been involved with Kunena, people have asked for all kinds of mechanisms to control who can post on a forum and who cannot .

I am not aware of anyone being successful in providing an alternative to Joomla ACLs to control who can or cannot post in a Kunena forum based on JomSocial "privileges".

beyond wrote: This should be ACL but I can't find it anywhere.

I'm not sure I understand your question.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds