Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Spammers getting into the forum

More
8 years 2 months ago #1 by mlines
In the last 6 weeks, spammers appear to have got around the captcha system or other security in kunena on my forum.

(I also notice they are getting in to this forum here as well!)

My logs appear to see them performing some sort of direct access to the recaptcha system itself.

Is there:

1. Any additional steps I can take to stop it
2. Any information I can capture to aid Kunena diagnosis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Spammers getting into the forum
on the kunena configuration, you have a option "direct component access" set to no.

But this can also can break the forum, so you need to check if the forum is still working and the modules.

If not working then turn it back again.

More
8 years 2 months ago #3 by mlines
I already have it set to "NO".

Martin

More
8 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
Spam and Kunena: this is hot topic. In earlier times, the moderators here would collect/merge these questions into one centrally-located place so that it would be easier for people to view the different ideas and thoughts that people had on this subject. Unfortunately, in my opinion, the moderators have abandoned the practice of merging/moving or "stickying" hot topic issues posted on this forum.

As a suggestion, if you cannot find information on this forum that helps you deal with your problems, you might like to use Google to search for information about "How to stop spam in Kunena forum" .

In connection with issues that this site has with spam, see the reply >>> here <<<
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ricardo Corai

More
8 years 2 months ago #5 by Ricardo Corai

810 wrote: on the kunena configuration, you have a option "direct component access" set to no.

But this can also can break the forum, so you need to check if the forum is still working and the modules.

If not working then turn it back again.

What's the necessary change on the server to make it works as NO?

More
8 years 1 month ago #6 by makotosun
You might investigate the Cleantalk plugin cleantalk.org/

It is really cheap and since I started using it on my site, I went from a dozen spammers a day down to less than 4 in the past year. Seriously works.

I have no connection with them other than to use their product.

Time to create page: 0.545 seconds