Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved How to limit topic content from public?

More
8 years 3 months ago #1 by bettalk88
I wanted to hide or unable public to view topic content in my forum. I've been looking and doing some trial and error with the backend. Tried following kunena setup for categories and access. It ended up hiding everything of the categories from public. Help pls. :( :( :(

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jsn_mico_free | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 2.0.3 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.6 | creationdate: 2015-09-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.6 | 2015-09-28 [ Pielungo ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #2 by rich
With a single topic it's not possible. You can create a own category only for registered users.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by rich.

More
8 years 3 months ago #3 by 810
or set the configuration option.

backend - kunena - configuration - security - Registered Users Only = Yes

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #4 by bettalk88

rich wrote: With a single topic it's not possible. You can create a own category only for registered users.

Not a single topic but all the topic inside categories. Your solution will only limit access of the categories to the public. What I mean is the post and topic inside categories. For example, topic How To Limit Topic Content From Public? I want to hide this content to the public.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bettalk88.

More
8 years 3 months ago #5 by bettalk88

810 wrote: or set the configuration option.

backend - kunena - configuration - security - Registered Users Only = Yes

Will only hide everything from Public. The worse happened when I chose this option, if I try to view at public the first search would be ok everything such as main forum and categories will be visible to public. However,after a click on anything and then when I refresh the forum as public everything is hidden. I wanted to attract members, hiding everything can backfire.

Time to create page: 0.558 seconds