Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Opcache vs apcu vs apc vs xcache

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #1 by ssh
if I am a mere mortal (not a super developer) or I do not have frequent changes in my website code

1. Install OPcache in my server is not recommended, recommended or highly recommended ?
2. A simple visitor could notice the performance difference while navigating in the website?

I notice you have these in your requirements as optional:
apc
apcu
opcache
xcache

Assuming that I have PHP 5.6.16, and only Joomla+Kunena

which one do you recommend to me for increase front end performance / Fast navigation in the website?

Thanks in advance
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by ssh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #2 by ruud
Hi, reply from another mortal here, so no answer but more questions :)

Joomla has out-of-the box support for memcached.
Would like to have that added to your list :)

I run several blog sites and Kunena is an integral part of that. When using cache we run into the no-go issue that content is also cached: the article hits are not increased as the page is coming from cache and thus not regenerated. For us (our bloggers) this is a big nogo.

I stopped the search for what would be the best caching solution as the performance gain would not weigh up to the work needed in fixing things (that stopped working correct due to using cache).

The only caching I have now implemented without issues and with 'huge' performance gain is in via specific rules in my sites .htaccess

I (and also my provider) have high hopes for php 7 as that will at least double the speed of our sites :)

sharing = caring

More
8 years 3 months ago #3 by ssh

ruud wrote: Joomla has out-of-the box support for memcached.

Yes, I have personally tested this option

ruud wrote: The only caching I have now implemented without issues and with 'huge' performance gain is in via specific rules in my sites .htaccess

You can try google mod_pagespeed, it works great, and if you have problem with a particular page or component you can exclude them by just adding a line in your .htaccess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruud

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #4 by ChaosHead
Opcache is fastest native solution for php 5.6.x
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by ChaosHead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssh

More
8 years 3 months ago #5 by ssh

ChaosHead wrote: Opcache is fastest native solution for php 5.6.x

Thanks

More
7 years 8 months ago #6 by ssh
Please mark this topic as solved.

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds