Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Migrating Kunena data to new location AFTER users have already been migrated

More
8 years 4 months ago #1 by intouchweb
Hello,
I am updating/migrating a large site with hundreds of users over to a new server (upgrading from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3) - both sites have Kunena 4.07 installed. I migrated the users across first using J2XML and have also migrated and integrated membership data with another component etc. I now wish to migrate the forum over WITHOUT impacting the existing user data. I migrated all the jos_kunena tables over, which brought over topics and categories etc but the USER ID's have not synchronised correctly , so topics are now assigned to incorrect users. There are also permissions errors viewing the topics. I have searched everywhere for step by step manual instructions to migrate the latest Kunena across to a new location but there seems to be very little info available. I believe the problem is that I need to migrate the tables that hold user ACL information but I am unsure which tables are required and whether this will impact the existing user and membership setup that is now working Ok. Can someone advise exactly what user tables from Joomla 2.5 Kunena 4.07 need to be migrated over to synchronise the users please, or other options?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #2 by rich
For a successful Kunena migration you need the Joomla user tables
*_usergroups
*_users
*_user_notes
*_user_profiles
*_user_usergroup_map

and all Kunena tables.

Go after import to "Extensions -> Manage -> Database" and click the Fix button.

More
8 years 4 months ago #3 by intouchweb
Thank you Rich, as mentioned I am very reluctant to overwrite the new user tables in the new site as they are now synchronised with other components. So if I did not want to change these five user tables in the new site, is it possible for me instead to manually remap the user ids in the kunena tables to match the existing user tables? As there are not a lot of messages/topics I would be happy to manually change the user ids in the jos_kunena_messages table to match the new user ids, if thats all it takes. But would other kunena tables also need modifying/remapping ? Thanks

More
8 years 2 months ago #4 by jk15060
I am VERY interested in this thread because I need to do the same thing with K 4.0.9 to K 4.0.9. Can someone tell me if there is a document that describes how to preform this type of migration?

I have J2XML installed on both websites, but would like to know the process involved.

Any help out there would be greatly appreciated.

More
8 years 2 months ago #5 by jk15060
Ok, went into User Manager, selected all users, clicked EXPORT and now have an XML file to import into the new website.

How, then, do I migrate the Kunena tables from one website to another?

I tried going into phpmyadmin and exporting those K tables, but am sure I did something wrong because that's when everything started breaking.

Both sites have Joomla 3.4.8 and Kunena 4.0.9. Is the migration process as simple as using phpmyadmin or am I missing something?

And if I've already grabbled the user information with J2XML, theoretically I would only have to migrate the K tables. Am I close?

Thank you again for any help that's out there. I'm pretty sure I did something incorrectly last night when exporting Kunena tables.

More
8 years 2 months ago #6 by 810
1) you need to export the kunena tables
2) Import it in the new database
3) Check the prefix from the tables. If you have done a new joomla install, then you need to change the prefix from the kunena tables.

Also check that the users have the same id's as the old database

More
8 years 2 months ago #7 by jk15060
Didn't think about checking IDs. Thank you for the heads up on that tidbit.

Found my own mistake. When I exported the Kunena tables in phpmyadmin, I thought when I selected all 23 tables, I was exporting just those tables. This morning, I clicked the CUSTOM radio button to find not Kunena tables selected, but ALL tables in the DB selected. So it's no wonder the import failed big time.

By clicking that Custom button, I deselected all tables, re-selected just Kunena tables and exported. Went to new website DB, dropped Kunena tables, imported my SQL file and everything worked!!!

The prefix wasn't an issue because when I created the new website I used the same prefix as the old website.

I hope this helps someone else out there who might be having a similar issue. Wish it were 5 o'clock 'cause this calls for a cocktail!

Thank you again for the reply. Will check those IDs.

Janis

Breathing a sigh of relief right now.

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds