Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved IP Address Tracking feature

More
8 years 4 months ago #1 by Nikiniko
The IP Address Tracking feature is giving only the IP of the member.
Is it possible to make it more acvanced or is there an addon / extension,
so it will automaticaly points and track possible clones with the same IPs used in the past?
In big forums clones are big problem.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic IP Address Tracking feature
if you go to the backend -kunena - users - select a user, then on the last tab you can see al users on the same ip.

More
8 years 4 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic IP Address Tracking feature

810 wrote: if you go to the backend -kunena - users - select a user, then on the last tab you can see al users on the same ip.

I would like to correct a small detail in the reply. If someone—a forum moderator—edits a message, you will also see the editors' usernames in that list of IP addresses.

More
8 years 4 months ago #4 by Nikiniko
Thank you both i found it,
is there any other more accurate method to use?

More
8 years 4 months ago #5 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic IP Address Tracking feature
not at them moment. we want to change it, but we need to fix other things first

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled

Nikiniko wrote: Is there any other more accurate method to use?

It is almost impossible to rely on IP addresses as sole determinant in website security. Putting this another way, because it's possible for people to utilise fast flux DNS hosting or spoof their IP addresses in other ways, websites can be targeted without people being able to determine the source of the attack.

The features in Kunena are not foolproof but they're reasonably adequate to dealing with common nuisances , for example, people who join a website under adifferent pseudonyms from the same IP address.

You have asked about IP address tracking and I shall confine my responses to that issue. You have asked if there are more accurate methods to use and I responded to that question. There are, however, other ways to deal with problem users.

810 wrote: We want to change it ...

I'm not sure what "it" is but I assume "it" is this: github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/2542
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 4 months ago #7 by Nikiniko
I am not talking about bots or professional spammers ,etc.
I talk about cheaters who make many accounts for some reason (example = one lottery for a present )
or attack to other members that thy dont like and they create multiple accounts.

These members the most of them at lists, they will not use proxies or or or.

I dont know if it can help the use of cookies.

There are, however, other ways to deal with problem users.

Other ways like ?

More
8 years 4 months ago #8 by sozzled
You asked questions about using IP addresses to help you manage your forum. We have responded to those questions.

If you want to discuss "How do I prevent people creating multiple accounts?", "How do I prevent people attacking others they don't like?" or "How do I deal with problem users?" then please create new topics for those discussions.

More
8 years 4 months ago #9 by Nikiniko
Sure
thank you

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds