Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Settings for Kunena and Discuss re guest comments

More
8 years 3 months ago #1 by dsibilant
Kunena version 4.0.7. Discuss version 3.1.1. Database version 5.6.25-log. Joomla version 3.4.5 Stable.

I'm new to Kunena and Discuss. Joomla, too, for that matter. My site is not live. I installed Kunena, and it tested fine. Then I added Discuss.

I see the setting for the default category for the comments. Is there a way to specify for each article into which category the comments will go? I couldn't find that, so I made a new Kunena category for comments, and that category is the Discuss default. If I can't specify for each article, my moderators and I will just have to move the created topics to the correct category.

Second question: I want only registered users to be able to post or reply in the regular Kunena forums, but for guests to be able to comment on articles. Is this possible? What settings do I need to change?

I gave that open forum pubic accessibility. In my Kunena configuration I have "Allow Guests to Post/Write" on Yes. Right now only registered users can post comments. A guest user sees the other comments, but not the text-box and submit button.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #2 by 810
1) Category Mapping --> Enter comma-delimited pairs of category IDs to map a Joomla category to a Kunena category. For example, articles in Joomla category A will create topics in Kunena category B. If Joomla category 5 should create/map to topics in Kunena category 6 and Joomla category 7 should create/map to topics in Kunena category 10, enter 5,6;7,10; into the field using semi-colons to separate the pairs. Joomla categories not listed here will default to the value in the Default Forum Category field.

2) No, if the guests is allowed to reply on the topic, he can also reply on comment. Not only on comment.

You need to do 2 things:

1: Kunena configuration I have "Allow Guests to Post/Write" on Yes
2: On edit category, you need to select also guests on the permissions
The following user(s) said Thank You: dsibilant

More
8 years 3 months ago #3 by sozzled

dsibilant wrote: Is there a way to specify for each article into which category the comments will go?

It is unfortunate that there is no documentation to explain how to use the Kunena Discuss plugin. The "best" that I can find for you are two general topics:

dsibilant wrote: Second question: I want only registered users to be able to post or reply in the regular Kunena forums, but for guests to be able to comment on articles. Is this possible? What settings do I need to change?

I gave that open forum pubic accessibility. In my Kunena configuration I have "Allow Guests to Post/Write" on Yes. Right now only registered users can post comments.

There are a couple of things you need to do before guests can post on your forum. First of all, as 810 has mentioned, you need to modify the forum category permissions for the categories where the comments are collected to give Guest the ability to reply to topics. Secondly, and most importantly, you need to disable Joomla caching; if caching is enabled guests cannot use the Kunena Discuss plugin to comment on your articles .

However, as 810 has already written, if visitors can use the form generated by Kunena Discuss plugin (when they view the articles/blog) they can also post replies to other topics (in the same category/categories) where they have permissions.

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds