Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Migration from VERY old version

More
8 years 4 months ago #1 by arcaswebdesign
We have a potential client who is looking to completely rebuild their site which is over 9 years old however they want to maintain and migrate the data from the Fireboard forum (including members and logins) to the new Joomla 3.4.5 and, presumably, Kunena 4.0.

Simple question is, is there even an upgrade path from such an old Fireboard version to Kunena 4.0? If not a direct one is there perhaps one which can go from Joomla 1.0 to, say, 1.5, and then from there I can migrate the data in 3.4?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Migration from VERY old version
The fireboard database tables must be in the new database, also user should be migrated to the new site, check that the users has the same userid's. Then just run the kunena installer, That's it. Also move the attachments/avatars to the new website dir.

More
8 years 4 months ago #3 by arcaswebdesign
So just to clarify you mean that I should copy the com_fireboard (or whatever it may be) tables into the new Joomla 3.4 database and also migrate users (ensuring their IDs are retained) then I'd just run the Kunena installer as normal? The installer picks up the existing tables and imports them?

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #4 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Migration from VERY old version
Yes, it should be migrating by himself. Doesn't tied it in 2 years, but the code is still the same.

Regards,
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by 810.

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds